Mansfield salon triumphs at annual awards ceremony
KH Hair in Mansfield is celebrating after being named Salon of the Year at the Group’s annual award ceremony.
Twenty five awards were handed out on the night to the Group’s top performers, but the most coveted trophy came at the end of the evening as managing director, Darren Messias, announced that the town’s salon on Market Street was the 2023 Salon Of The Year.
The Salon of the Year Award wasn’t the only accolade heading back to Mansfield. Salon director, Jane Fletcher and her team were also called to the stage to collect the Salon Turnover Improvement Award and the Salon Retail Improvement Award (sponsored by Wella). Jane she was extremely proud of her team’s achievements. “I was overwhelmed if I’m honest,” she said. “All of us are dedicated to looking after our amazing clients and giving them the very best in-salon experience and to have this recognised in front of the rest of the KH Hair family is very humbling. This comes at the perfect time as we’re looking to grow our team with the addition of a part-time stylist. A huge thank you to my fabulous team and to our wonderful, loyal clients who continue to support us.”
The ceremony took place on 21 May at Metronome in Nottingham city centre, where KH Hair’s 200+ staff came together to celebrate individual and team achievements from the Group’s 21 salons which are situated across the East Midlands.
KH Hair’s Notts salons scooped a total of 19 awards with teams from Sutton in Ashfield, Nottingham, Arnold and Beeston all triumphing on the night.
During the evening, guests were entertained by The Noise Next Door, the UK’s premier improv’ comedy troupe who have sold out the Edinburgh Fringe Festival an impressive twelve times. Taking audience suggestions and transforming them into fantastically funny scenes and songs, the cheeky and charming quartet delivered a perfect blend of ludicrous characters, witty one-liners and explosive physicality, leaving their audience crying with laughter.
Following the show, guests were invited to enjoy a selection of food and drink in the atrium while the main room was transformed into a disco where the guests were able to dance the night away to end a perfect evening of recognition and celebration.
Commenting on the event, Group MD Darren, said: “Our KH Hair Awards are always the highlight of the year for us as a company. It’s the only time all 21 salons get together to recognise and celebrate individual and team achievements which we feel are so important to acknowledge. We find the Awards create great motivation within our salons and it’s a fantastic opportunity to catch up with the whole KH Hair family. Many congratulations to all the winners and thank you to all our teams for your hard work and support over the past year.”
Full list of awards:
• Salon of the Year Award – Mansfield
• Salon Turnover Improvement Award – Mansfield
• Salon Retail Improvement Award sponsored by Wella – Mansfield
• Salon Colour Award – Sutton
• Individual Clients Award – Erica Miller (Sutton)
• Individual Turnover Award – Steve McEntee (Nottingham)
• Individual Retail Award – Steve McEntee (Nottingham)
• Salon Highest Turnover Award – Nottingham
• Salon Highest Retail Award – Nottingham
• Marketing Award sponsored by Toast PR – Arnold and Nottingham
• Image of the Year – Arnold
• Salon Clients Award – Arnold
• 3rd Year Award – Amelia Krazinski (Arnold)
• Outstanding Service Award – Elizabeth O’Neil – Arnold – 30 years
• GHD Retail Award – Beeston
• Outstanding Service Award – Briar Gosnell – Beeston- 31 years
• Salon Retail Improvement Award sponsored by Sebastian – Beeston
• Special Recognition Award – Helen Geary (Head Office)
• 1st Year Award – Megan Black (Leicester)
• The Menai Robinson 2nd Year Award – Megan Maloney (Leicester)
• Rising Star Award – Liwsi Griffiths (Loughborough)
• Master Colour Award – Hayley Tuttey (Derby Sadlergate)
• Salon Service Award – Ripley
• Outstanding Service Award – Linda Buni – Derby St Peters – 45 years